What is baldness: Baldness is the partial or complete lack of hair growth.
Now let’s see the top reasons for hair loss and baldness in men and women.
- Genetic factor: Genetic factor stands in the first position for baldness. It means if anyone in the family suffered from baldness, the children in that family might also have the chance to get baldness.
- Inheritance: 95% of hair loss in men is due to the inheritance.
- Environment Factor: This is one of the main reasons which cause hair loss and leads to baldness. Especially, over exposure to pollution and smoking habits speed up the genetic factor related to baldness.
- Hormone Effect: Increase in male sex hormone Testosterone is also another important reason for baldness. Testosterone hormone will be converted into dihyrotestosterone and it causes baldness.
- Diet & Nutrition: Lack of proper diet and nutrients is also one of the major reasons for hair loss. Malnutrition speeds up the genetic factor in some persons. Over intake of proteins can also increase hair fall in some individuals.
- Excess intake of Vitamins: Excess intake of vitamin A causes an adverse effect on hair follicles. Research reports proved that excess intake of Vitamin A can cause hair loss in some persons
- Hair Colors: Using artificial hair colours which contains harmful chemicals is one of the major reasons for hair loss. Few studies proved that few individuals who used hair colors suffered from baldness due to side effects.
- Stress: Emotional and physical stress also causes damage to the hair follicles and can lead to hair loss.
- Medicines & diagnosis: Certain medications or medical treatments like chemotherapy which is used to cure cancer also cause damage to hair follicles and leads to baldness.
- Hair Style: Hair straightening and hair drying can cause hair loss. Especially, hair straightening has some adverse effects on some individuals. It was reported that some people even attacked with baldness after straightening of their hair.
Image Source: Image designed by Prasad. Copyright @ www.gobyme.com