What are the advantages of eating junk food?
It is known fact that junk food is bad for health as it leads to obesity, bad cholesterol, gastrointestinal problems, blood pressure, heart disease, etc. However here are the interesting facts which tell how good is junk food.
What does junk food mean? In simple, Junk food is food which consists of a lot of calories and less nutritional values.
Then how junk food helps us? The ingredients of junk food consist of rich nutrients which contribute in fighting against certain seasonal diseases as well. Let us find out what are the nutrients available in different varieties of junk foods.
Health benefits of junk food
Health benefits with Pizza & Burger
Pizza & Burger stands first in junk food. The ingredient of pizza includes cheese, tomato sauce, vegetables, meat and whole wheat (or) part whole wheat crust. All these ingredients contain the nutritional value.
- Cheese, it consists of high amounts of protein which helps to build up muscles, and also large quantities of fat help in weight gain.
- Tomato sauce: Tomatoes are rich in vitamins like A and C, and antioxidants. These antioxidants reduce the risk of cancer.
- Vegetables are rich in vitamins, minerals & fiber.
- Meat consists of high amounts of protein
Health benefits with Pani Puri
Pani Puri is a popular street food in India, which is available on almost every street. The ingredients of Pani Puri are potato, green chilli, coriander leaves, red chilli powder, salt and tamarind water (or) mint water.
- Potatoes contain carbohydrates, which helps for the proper functioning of the brain as it consumes energy from carbohydrates.
- Green chilli consists of proteins, carbohydrates, vitamin”C”, minerals, and fiber. Green chilli helps us to collagen formation in the skin (collagen in the skin gives the young look), and it also relieves constipation.
- Coriander leaves are rich in vitamins like A, C, E, K and B-complex, minerals like zinc and thiamin and also contain dietary fibers, Vitamins and Mineral give us energy, and dietary fibers relieves constipation.
- Green peas consist of antioxidants, amino acids, vitamins like A, C, E and B6.It is also rich in iron and fiber. Regular consumption of green peas helps to maintain healthy vision and gives strength to our immune system. Consumption of green peas by pregnant women lowers the risk of neutral birth defects.
- Tamarind juice is rich in acid, sugar, vitamin B complex and mineral calcium.
- Mint juice is rich in vitamins like A, C and minerals like magnesium, manganese, copper, iron, potassium, calcium, folate and also rich in dietary fiber. It helps the immune system. It reduces the growth of bacteria and fungus. It relieves from a cough, cold, fever, rheumatic pains, sinus, food poisoning and travel sickness.
Health benefits with Bhel Puri
The ingredients used in the bhel puri are puffed rice, tomatoes, onions, coriander leaves, mashed potato, green chilli, ginger, garam masala, tamarind juice, lime water.
- Potato and puffed rice: These two are rich in carbohydrates which help for the proper functioning of our brain.
- Onions are an excellent source of dietary fiber, vitamins like B6 and C and minerals like potassium, folatem manganese. Onions help to reduce constipation.
- Lime water is rich in vitamin C, and phytochemicals.These phytochemicals act as anti-cancer and antibacterial agents
Health benefits with Samosa
Samosa is favourite bakery food to many people in India. The ingredients of samosa are maida, oil, boiled potatoes, cooked peas, ginger, red chilli powder, coriander leaves, cumin powder, lemon juice.
- Maida(fine wheat flour) contains carbohydrates.
- Oils are rich in fats, and they give us energy.
- Ginger acts as antibacterial and anti-inflammatory agent. It also reduces nausea caused due to by motion sickness (or) pregnancy.
The ingredients used in the preparation of veg Manchurian are cabbage, carrot, spring onions, green chillies, garlic flakes, corn starch flour, soya sauce, pepper powder and sugar.
- Cabbage contains antioxidants, vitamins like B1.B5, B6 and C, minerals like potassium, manganese, iron and magnesium. The antioxidant helps us to protect our self from the breast, colon, and prostate cancer.
- Carrots are an excellent source of dietary fibers, vitamins like A, C, and K, minerals. All these nutrients help to reduce constipation, increase eye sight and also used for blood clotting.
- Pepper Powder relieves from a cough and cold.
- Garlic Flakes: Garlic is rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. This antioxidant helps to reduce the risk of stomach cancer.
- Soya Sauce is rich in Riboflavin, vitamin B6, magnesium, copper and it is also a rich source of protein and iron. It helps to build up muscle.
Chat contains the ingredients like green peas, onions, green chilli, salt, garam masala, ginger and garlic paste. All these ingredients have nutritional value as stated above.
When did these junk foods add value to health?
All these junk foods are good only if they are made only under a hygienic condition. Junk food can occasionally be taken but not frequently. A limited quantity of junk food which are made under hygienic condition helps in gaining weight and adding energy.
Eating too much of junk food leads to obesity, blood pressure, heart problems, gastrointestinal problems, etc. Avoid eating Junk food, if you suffer from any of these problems.