Claim: Research made by scientists from the University of Queensland in Australia has proven that bananas improve your immune system and prevents coronavirus (Covid-19) disease.
A video containing this claim has been making rounds on Facebook and What’s app. It contained text that said: “Bananas are one of the most popular fruits worldwide. People who follow a high fiber diet have a lower risk of cardiovascular disease. Bananas contain water and fiber, both of which promote regularity and encourage digestive health. Research made by scientists from the University of Queensland in Australia have proven that bananas improve your immune system due to the super source of vitamins B-6 and helps prevent coronavirus. Having a banana a day keeps the coronavirus away.”
If you closely look at the Video, the reporter was mentioning about the effort of scientists from the University of Queensland in Australia developing a Vaccine, followed by benefits of eating banana in preventing coronavirus (Covid-19). It a fake video.
- Wash your hands frequently
- Maintain social distancing
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- Practice respiratory hygiene
- If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early
- Stay informed and follow advice given by your healthcare provider